Wednesday, December 2, 2009

it's beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

I came across the BEST idea ever from a friend's blog...
The 25 Days of Christmas...sort of an advent of activities for the month of December. The whole point is to spend a lot of family time together. I love it!
I am only doing the 24 days of Christmas...we are going to stop the countdown on the 24th....I figure they are going to have tons of extra special things on Christmas Day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We opened the first envelope tonight, "Put your pjs on and come back out to the living room to read the first chapter of Holly Joliday"...(a Judy Moody chapter book that we will read a chapter at a time throughout the month) At first the girls weren't sure why this was special, but I think I built the activities up too much....once they got their new p.j.s that were laid out on their beds to kick start the month, and had the first chapter read to them, they really liked the extra attention....

Some of the other activities the girls will have to look forward to are:
-make a Christmas tree ornament
-eat dessert before dinner
-tour Dundurn Castle
-drive around to look at the Christmas light....don't forget to take along hot chocolate!
-go to the Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls
-make peanut butter and bird seed covered pine cones for the birds
-play a board game in front of the Christmas tree
-make gingerbread cookies
And if the weather actually gives us Winter at some point this month, we will also go ice skating and tobogganing at night and make a snowman together.
I am REALLY looking forward to all the fun we are going to have!
I wonder what we will do tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, you are an amazingly creative person! I am so inspired by you!!

    ....kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute envelopes Jackie! Have fun with your 25 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to delight and amaze me!!! What an awesome Mom you are!!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Followers