Tuesday, December 29, 2009

christmas eve traditions

Every year on Christmas Eve, the girls are allowed to open 1 present. Abigail has figured out that this present is always pjs....I think I was much older than 6 before I figured that out! So Christmas Eve, we headed downstairs to sit in front of the tree and watched the girls open their new Christmas pajamas...

Photobucket

Photobucket

They actually posed very nicely for me in front of the tree this year....they are usually too wired to agree to this...

Photobucket

Then the cookies get put out for Santa....always home made Belgian cookie!

Photobucket

And this year we added reading "The Night Before Christmas" together...

Photobucket

We also sprinkled reindeer food on the front lawn to help guide the reindeer to our house, and put a special Santa key on the front door. (we don't have a fireplace)
Then it was off to bed to try to sleep while they waited to hear sleigh bells in the middle of the night...which we did hear!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great jammies. My girls still allow me to indulge in the matching jammies, but that can't be happening for much longer I'm sure. The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete

Followers