Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I ♥ Faces - Sun Flare

I have been following I ♥ Faces for quite a while, but have never had the nerve to enter their contests. Well, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot! (excuse the pun! ~ that actually wasn't intentional)
This picture was taken in September on one of the last really warm evenings. I was actually trying to capture a silhouette, but managed to get a bit of sun flare. I love the calmness of the picture....considering 2 seconds before Abby had been flailing her arms and chasing seagulls! But when I look at this picture, it is exactly what the beach is to me....dipping your feet in the chilly water, squishing the wet sand between your toes and listening to the calming sounds of the water lapping up onto the shore....ahhhh

Photobucket

This is definately a technique I want to play with some more...
Check out the other pictures in the contest by clicking on the I ♥ Faces button!

2 comments:

Followers